How to Take Care of Your Textbooks!!
All students, without outstanding fines, are issued textbooks for student assigned classes. Students are expected to use and care for their textbooks appropriately. Students are responsible for any damage or lost library materials on their library account. We encourage all students to follow these guidelines to help prevent take care of the library materials assigned to them while attending KAMS.
Remember the 7-Day Rule - It’s the student’s responsibility to check the condition of each textbook for damages & report them to the librarian within 7 days after checkout!
1) Find a safe place for your textbooks at home. Keep track of your textbooks throughout the school year. (Your textbooks are on loan to you for the school year until you return them at the end of the school year. Students will have to pay for any damaged or lost textbooks at the end of the school year.)
2) Please cover your textbooks with a book cover. You can purchase one at most stores. Paper covers are available at the library for free. (If you use a paper cover, please do not tape your cover to your book.)
3) Never write or draw in your textbook. (You will be charged for any writing or marks found in your textbook. Please erase marks you find in your book.)
4) Keep your textbook dry when it rains. Your backpack is not waterproof so wrap your textbook in a plastic bag inside your backpack when it rains. (You will be charged for any water damage to your textbook. If your book gets moldy, you will be charged for the replacement cost of the entire book.)
5) Keep track of your textbook and don’t loan them out to friends. (These books are checked out under your name only. You are responsible for any lost or stolen textbooks.)
6) Keep your younger siblings away from your library books, core novels, or textbooks. (Don't let them draw, scribble, or cause any damage to any of your school books.)
7) Keep food and drinks away from your textbook. (Keep your textbook free from any food or liquid stains.)